cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to open mySQL database from Microsoft power BI or excel or external application?

is it possible to open mySQL database from Microsoft power BI or excel or external application?

Tarek_Elwan
New Contributor
I want to access mySQL database from external application, is this possible to access it by Excel or power BI
6 REPLIES 6

Supermac7
New Contributor
I still can't access the database after the commands, Am I missing something? restarting the service?

Yves_Haslimann
New Contributor III
I't works, I had to grant access to this host.

Yves_Haslimann
New Contributor III
Hello,

Shouldn't I be able to connect the MySQL NetSight database by Workbench?

6177865510ea4c0daf6458386a7f73a4_RackMultipart20160512-10695-1sghjr-workbench_inline.jpg

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
AFAIK you can access mySQL externally with some old versions of NetSight. Recent versions can be accessed only from the netsight host.

but you can change it by:

cd /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/mysql/bin /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/mysql/bin$ ./mysql --host=localhost --user=netsight --password=XXXX --port=4589 --protocol=TCP

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON netsight.* TO 'zdenek'@'192.168.10.201' IDENTIFIED BY 'mojeheslo';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON netsightrpt.* TO 'zdenek'@'192.168.10.201' IDENTIFIED BY 'mojeheslo';

where "zdenek" is the new username, "mojeheslo" is the new password and "192.168.10.201" is IP of your SQL client and XXXX is the old password to the database (you will see that in NetSight on the place where you run database backup"

I have no information how you can access it by Excel or power BI (whatever are those two programs). 🙂

Regards

Zdenek
Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN