cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to run C3G124-48 HW diagnostics?

Is there any way to run C3G124-48 HW diagnostics?

Alice_Grandi
New Contributor II
Hi everybody,
I need to know If there is any CLI command (or NetSight Applications tool) I can use to check a Securestack C3 switch for HW issues.

I tried the various "show port ..." commands, but they only show if ports are admin and operationally up or down, whereas I need to run some hardware diagnostics to check if some ports are really working or not.

Thank you in advance for your replies!
5 REPLIES 5

James_A
Valued Contributor
There are probably some debug commands GTAC knows about that they can tell you, I've been given some for an S4 in the past. Since the C-series has free lifetime support, my suggestion would be to give them a call.

So, I'll try to contact GTAC. Thank you for your suggestion!

Andre_K_
New Contributor
Afaik there is no command to show any port based hardware information. If I was looking for hardware issiues, I'd try "show logging buffer" or review the current.log via "copy logs/current.log tftp://", or issue "show support".

If the SFP is not supported then you should see this in the logs.
set logging local console enable file enable then insert the mgbic.

Question we would like to know when calling in.
Does the same gbic work in the another port?
Manufacture of the product and any details

We do have some dev commands but prefer to use them when we have an escalation as we need to work with development to deceiver the information.
The list of supported Pluggable Ports Supported can be seen in the release notes
GTM-P2G8KFN