Is NetConf supported by Summit X440-8t?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Hi community,

We recently bought several Summit X440-8t switches. Right now I'm trying to perform some configuration tasks via NetConf protocol. NetConf is listed as a supported feature of Summit switches:
http://itconnection.currentanalysis.com/COMPETE/Integrations/EITC/static/products/p48-396-87095.aspx

But I can't find "NetConf" anywhere in the official user guide "ExtremeXOS-15.5-User-Guild.pdf". Also, I tried to telnet the switch with the default TCP port (830) of NetConf, but no response from the switch.

Is this feature supported or not?

Thanks,
Eric

Photo of tonywearme

tonywearme

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Paul Russo

Paul Russo, Alum

• 9,694 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Eric

I clicked on your link and didnt see any reference to NETCONF so I can comment on that information but as of right now we do not support NETCONF.  We do support XML.

Can you provide a little more information for what you are requiring and I can run it past PLM?

Thanks
P
Photo of tonywearme

tonywearme

Thanks Paul! I didn't expect someone respond so quickly.

I'm working on a research project and I'm concerned about the AVB feature. I saw that OpenFlow is supported on x440-8t, right? So is it possible to configure switches via OpenFlow with regard to AVB (e.g., explicit routes for schedule traffic, best effort traffic routing)?
Photo of Sumit Tokle

Sumit Tokle, Alum

• 5,738 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
OpenFlow is a license enabled XMOD EXOS feature. To use OpenFlow, the OpenFlow XMOD must beinstalled and a switch specific OpenFlow license must be enabled.

Yes. X440 do support Openflow and AVB feature with the license and Min EXOS 15.3
Photo of tonywearme

tonywearme

Thanks Sumit!

We do have a AVB license. Do we need a separate license for Openflow or the AVB one is sufficient?
Photo of Sumit Tokle

Sumit Tokle, Alum

• 5,738 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I believe we need OpenFlow license too in order to enable openflow. 
Photo of Paul Russo

Paul Russo, Alum

• 9,694 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hey Eric

If you need to test AVB you can enable a temp license on the switch that is good for 30 days before it needs to be re-applied.

here are the commands

debug epm enable trial-license

debug epm clear trial-license

Note the switch will reboot after 30 days to clear the license

Hope that helps.

P

Photo of tonywearme

tonywearme

Thanks Paul!