cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

LACP issues

LACP issues

Jason_Hilt
New Contributor
I have some 450G2 switches that I can not get LACP LAG to work on. Core 670 switch is grouping ports 19 and 20. Sh lacp lag displays:
Member Port Rx Sel Mux Actor Partner
Port Priority State Logic State Flags Port
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19 0 Current Selected Collect-Dist A-GSCD-- 1049
20 0 Current Selected Attached A-GS---- 2049
================================================================================
Actor Flags: A-Activity, T-Timeout, G-Aggregation, S-Synchronization
C-Collecting, D-Distributing, F-Defaulted, E-Expired

Remote switch shows:
Member Port Rx Sel Mux Actor Partner
Port Priority State Logic State Flags Port
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1:49 0 Current Selected Collect-Dist A-GSCD-- 1019
2:49 0 Defaulted Unselected Detached A-G---F- 0
================================================================================
Actor Flags: A-Activity, T-Timeout, G-Aggregation, S-Synchronization
C-Collecting, D-Distributing, F-Defaulted, E-Expired

I have tried moving the fiber cable to different pairs. removed and added the grouping. Disabled ports, renabled ports, all with no affect. Link lights are on both switches.

What can be wrong?

Not sure if this is a connected issue or not, but all of my network switches are also showing a loop detected on the uplink port from the core. ELRP is active on edge switches with the uplink ports excluded.
Slot-1: [CLI:vlan:2] LOOP DETECTED : 846382 transmitted, 9114521 received, ingress slot:port (1:49) egress slot:port (1:49)

Fairly new to Extreme switching so bear with me.
23 REPLIES 23

Jason_Hilt
New Contributor
Yep, I think GTAC is going to be needed. Quite a few of the switches that were working correctly have now gone to a defaulted state on one of the links. Very frustrating. Hopefully GTAC does better on this issue than the last one they couldn't figure out.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Very odd. Glad its working now though.
I'm going to mark this one as Solved. If you get a definitive answer, hopefully you'll remember the thread and will come back to update it.

Yes and no. They think it's a bug in the software but I didn't hear back for certain that it was. I ended up rebooting the stacks and both links joined up.
I just had the same issue on 3 other stacks at another building when I had to take down the network because of a planned power outage. I just rebooted them, some 3 times, and the links joined up finally.
I'll look at upgrading the ExtremeXOS this summer if a fix or new version is out.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Jason,
Was GTAC able to help you get LACP working as expected? I didn't see a case in the system in your name, so I couldn't tell.
GTM-P2G8KFN