cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

lacp load balancing with mpls

lacp load balancing with mpls

welisson
New Contributor III
I've experience a problem where i have a topology networking in ring and all switch is set up mpls with lacp.
So the problem is the lacp doesn't work in mode load balance with mpls, other words, when i put 2 ports (port 1 and port 2)interface in mode sharing with load balance l3 or l3_l4, and through vpls on this sharing, it just sent traffic for only one port, in this case port 2, and the port 1 there isn't traffic, i see only when port 2 stay in mode down.
however i tried changed to load balance mode l2 and the same result.

So, anyone expirence for this problem?

4 REPLIES 4

welisson
New Contributor III
Hi Guys,

Are you using this firmware to distribute traffic over sharing with lsp dynamic or static?

tks

welisson
New Contributor III
good news but the same time i'm a little disappointed, but i will update these switch and as soonest i come back report the result.

tks for time.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
For lsp sharing in vpls to work Please use 15.4.1.3 latest patch. There was a bug when this feature was introduced

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Hi,
Hashing is done differently with MPLS. This is why load-balancing needs a specific attention. Starting with EXOS 15.4.1, Extreme has introduced LSP sharing for VPLS, and is supported on most MPLS-capable platforms. This gives a very good result when it comes to load-balance traffic in a LAG or through ECMP.

You should have a look at the Concepts Guide (User Guide) of this version (or later) to see how it works and on what platforms, to see if it fits your needs.
GTM-P2G8KFN