cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

LAG Cisco 2960 to Summit x480

LAG Cisco 2960 to Summit x480

Tyler_Bartel
New Contributor
I am having trouble setting up an LACP LAG group between a cisco switch (2960g) and a Summit x460, can someone provide a sample config that has worked between these two OS's I have tried and been failing miserably. I have been successful at Cisco - Cisco LACP and Summit - Summit LACP but not a mix of the two.
10 REPLIES 10

Tyler_Bartel
New Contributor
I managed to bypass the STP configuration error with some further research on the error. for the benefit of all, here are my two physical port configs and the portchannel config, it seems to be working fine but I have not added the second physical link to the LAG: interface GigabitEthernet0/47 switchport trunk native vlan 999 switchport mode trunk switchport nonegotiate channel-group 1 mode passive spanning-tree portfast trunk end interface GigabitEthernet0/48 switchport trunk native vlan 999 switchport mode trunk switchport nonegotiate channel-group 1 mode passive spanning-tree portfast trunk end interface Port-channel1 switchport trunk native vlan 999 switchport mode trunk switchport nonegotiate spanning-tree portfast trunk spanning-tree bpdufilter enable spanning-tree bpduguard disable spanning-tree link-type shared end Tyler

Marktwain_Carpe
New Contributor II
makes perfect sense ! thank you!

rbrt
Contributor
STP is disabled by default on any Extreme switch, so do not expect any problems. If you want/require loop protection on Extreme I recommend reading about ELRP.

Regarding the VLAN question: In ExtremeXOS, VLANs are not added to ports, instead ports are added to VLANs. The command above would enable the Extreme switch to "get" all of the VLANs on one single port, hence the keyword "tagged". If you want to configure what Cisco calls access ports it's a simple

configure vlan name-of-vlan add ports 3 untagged

This also works with port ranges like "1-4,8,10-11". Should you get an error message that a port is aleready assigned to a VLAN you can delete the old assignment via

configure vlan name-of-old-vlan delete ports 3

For more information, please refer to the Concepts Guide and/or Command Reference Guide for your specific ExtremeXOS release.

Marktwain_Carpe
New Contributor II
Awesome Robert! i cant believe it is that simple. I cant thank you enough. I am comfortable with Cisco stuff, but i have to have this config ready tomm. morming so you are right on time.Do i not have to touch STP settings at all? this is an edge switch where i am simply giving my RnD dept more ports for deployments and such. There will be no more switches connected to this switch. I was confused about whether to make port based vlans or just tag the ports? in those commands am i supposed to specify all the ports that i want to participate in that respective vlan?

or do i add the ports on a seperate command. i know how to do it i just dont know wether to use port-based or just tags.

GTM-P2G8KFN