cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

LAG X690 between SFP and UTP

LAG X690 between SFP and UTP

Elena_Madrigal
New Contributor II
Hello i have a Stack between two switch model X690 one of then 10G fiber an other of copper switch. But when i make a lag show the following error. It is possible to make a lag between 10G copper +10 G fibber?

=========================

XXXXXXXXX # show ports 1:48,3:48 configuration no-refresh
Port Configuration
Port Virtual Port Link Auto Speed Duplex Flow Load Media
router State State Neg Cfg Actual Cfg Actual Cntrl Master Pri Red
================================================================================
1:48 VR-Default E R OFF 10000 FULL NONE
3:48 VR-Default E A ON 10000 10000 FULL FULL SYM 3:48 UTP
================================================================================
XXXXXXXX# configure sharing 3:48 add ports 1:48

Error: Member Port 1:48 has Auto Negotiation Off while Master Port has Auto Negotiation On

Configuration failed on backup Node, command execution aborted!

===================================================

12 REPLIES 12

Elena_Madrigal
New Contributor II
Anybody know if its possible to make a LAG betweem 10g fiber and 10g copper? or could be a bug.?

GTAC solution
After looking into this i have found that it is not possible to create a lag with mixed UTP and fiber ports.

Auto-negotiation is mandatory for 10GbBase-T according to the 802.3 standard, while itā€™s not possible on fiber due to the possible different wavelengths of light and different signal timing in the various types of transceivers.

Unfortunately there is no way around this.
===================================

It not possible by the moment

You can try bypass this. If you put base-t tranciever into SFP+ slot then x690 will change autonegotiation to ON and spped to 1000. Then you can try to add port to sharing.

I did something similar yesterday. Before inserting tranciever:

2:46     VR-Default E       R   OFF 10000       FULL                    NONE

after inserting:

2:46     VR-Default E       R    ON  1000       AUTO              1:47  1000T

regards,

Tomek

EtherMAN
Contributor III
No ten gig, 40 gig, or 100 gig interface should have auto negotiation on... Standard is off You should set them both to off not on .. this will allow your lag to complete.
GTM-P2G8KFN