cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Lagging between Fortinet and Extreme SSA

Lagging between Fortinet and Extreme SSA

Thomas_Maddox
New Contributor
We currently have a pair of Fortinet 1500D the have the internal port(s) connected to a C3 stack. I would like to take it off the stack and connect it to the SSA-T1068 at the top of the network for our central office. Last night I attempted to do so while upgrading some other switches. Let's say I was not very successful. Has anyone else encountered problems with Fortinet/Extreme interoperability? I am new to Extreme and any assistance would be very helpful.

15 REPLIES 15

Thomas_Maddox
New Contributor
Ok so it took some time to be able to take the network down to attempt some changes. Over the course of three hours and two GTAC engineers we were able to solve the issue. Upgrading the firmware on the SSA is what resolved it. What led to this determination is that when I would connect the Fortinet to the designated ports on the SSA, by executing the show port status command I would see the ports as down/up, even though I got activity and link lights on the ports. Weird right? Anyway the firmware upgrade solve it and I am now routing all of the Districts traffic through the SSA instead of the Secure Stack which is the way it should be. Thanks to all who helped out.

AHH, you just jogged my memory. A long time ago when we had a 6509, I had the most difficult time setting up a lag between the 6509 and the S4. The 6509 would shut down a port in the LAG because it would detect a loop. I don't 100% remember all of the reasonings, but the solution was upgrading the code on the S4. Glad you solved the problem.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Thanks for coming back to the community to share your solution! This is great!

Thomas_Maddox
New Contributor
I believe with the assistance of GTAC we may have found the issue. I may have a little VLAN hopping going on. This SSA was configured by Extreme's pro. services when it was installed before I was hired on. I am going to tweak the config one night this week when I have a chance to take the network down.
GTM-P2G8KFN