cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

licencias ap ́s en controladora rfs4000

licencias ap ́s en controladora rfs4000

Abner_Saul_Marr
New Contributor
buenas tardes, tan amables de apoyarme con unas dudas.

tengo una controladora rfs4000 la cual tiene 10 aps 6521 actualmente, pero ahora cambia los aps a unos mas modernos 7562 ..

mi pregunta es si al quitar los aps 6521 de la controladora se libera las licencias para que los nuevos aprueban las licencias, o tiene que hacer un procedimiento para liberar las licencias para que la controladora acepte los nuevos aps.

gracias

good afternoon, were so kind to support me with some doubts.

I have a rfs4000 controller which has 10 aps 6521 currently, but now it will change the aps to a more modern 7562 ..

My question is whether removing the aps 6521 from the controller releases the licenses so that the new aps can take the licenses, or a procedure has to be done to release the licenses so that the controller now accepts the new aps.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Abner,

By unadopting the AP6521 APs you will release the licenses to be used by the newer APs.

No special procedure required.

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.

Yes disconnecting them should release the licenses. Once disconnected run the command '#show lic', you should be able to see the released licenses. To reduce clutter in your config though, you might want to remove them from controller as well if they're not going to be used again.
Christoph S.

Gracias Robert

AP needs to removed/deleted from the RFS.

--> configuration - devices
GTM-P2G8KFN