Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Limited Connectivity 5Ghz

Limited Connectivity 5Ghz

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
Hi All,

We're experiencing an odd issue where we have Windows 10 clients stating limited connectivity when on the 5Ghz band. If we set the adapter to b/g only it instantly gains an IP and works as it should. If I toggle the a band on the adapter this then continues to work.

The device is a HP laptop, running windows 10, 1709 build with the .371 patch so practically up to date.

The WiFi adapter is the Intel 8260AC variant with up to date drivers, 20.40. (Feb 18).

I've disabled power saving in nic settings and within the power options, maximum performance when on battery.

The only thing I've noticed is the devices are always on the 5Ghz band. It is also not a constant occurrence.

We're running Extreme Identifi Infrastructure, 2 x C5210 physical controllers, 10.31.07.02 and AP3825i's

We're due to upgrade to 10.41.06 hopefully this week.

I noticed there was an enhancement in the release notes for the DHCP process in regards to the 38** and 39** series APs. Not sure if this is related?

Would there be something within the AP settings on the 5Ghz side that might affect this process?

The WLAN in question is bridged at the controllers. All APs tunnel traffic back. We then use Windows DHCP 2012 to provide DHCP. The WLAN is a /23 broadcast domain.

Any input would be most grateful as it is starting to get a little frustrating.

Kind Regards
Ian
4 REPLIES 4

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
Since we upgrade to 10.41.06 we no longer see these frequent 169 apipa addresses. Not sure if the fix for DHCP/DNS processes had anything to do with it?

Scott_Whall
Extreme Employee
Hello Ian - it may be better to open a Case with the GTAC, and provide Tech Support files from all appliances (so we can see the configuration), and a couple AP trace logs so we can look through the logs.

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
Hi Craig,

thanks for the input.

We're on v 20.40 which is newer that 19.70. Specifically in terms of my machine, sleep is disabled.

GTM-P2G8KFN