Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load balancing on nac

load balancing on nac

Justsomebodi
New Contributor III
Hi guys

i have enable nac load balancing. I am unsure how to check itis working. what i have done is added the address of the NAC appliances to the external load balancer config of the nac group . according to the docs, i am suppose to get a VIP. Where am i suppose to see this. also if i do a show radius, the two NAC appliances are set as 1and 2 and not random. Arethe applainces not suppose to have the switches and end devices on them?

thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
We use LSNAT or "ip slb" on the S4 to do exactly what you are wanting to do.

Justsomebodi
New Contributor III
Excellent. Thanks for the clarification guys.

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

When you enable the load balancing feature and provide and IP of the load balance IP address what occurs is NAC assumes that there is an external load balancer at the IP address provided and on enforce attempts to write this IP address as the RADIUS server to all switches in the switches tab.

Every switch is then also written into every's NAC's "clients.conf" file.

The NACs themselves do not perform any type of load balancing. As Erik has mentioned typically the lad balance IP provided in the NAC configuration is the VIP for the LSNAT configuration on the S series.

Thanks
-Ryan

Justsomebodi
New Contributor III
Hi

I am using XOS. I was under the impression NAC aappliances are jointed togther in a group and then their IP's are added to the external load balancer config section of the group config tab.

Regards
GTM-P2G8KFN