cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked at Authentication Serice (AAA) on the master node is now aailable for login.

Locked at Authentication Serice (AAA) on the master node is now aailable for login.

Brett
New Contributor
I receiving got a x450e switch and went to go reset it to defaults and nothing worked. Could not enter bootrom and once it made it to pending-aaa, I could type nothing and the switch just sits at Authentication Serice (AAA) on the master node is now aailable for login.

What can I do because nothing seems to be working? I have another x450e that works just fine.
3 REPLIES 3

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Brett, I guess it has passed the pending AAA and it in a state you can actually login. By what you are saying what ever you input in the keyboard is not passing or the switch is not responding to it. What client software you are using? Is it possible to try with a different client software for the CLI ?

Please tell me you figured this out. I have several x460's with the same issue. No keyboard input is detected at all.

BradP
Extreme Employee
Hi Brett,

Please follow this article to recover the switch. It sounds like the switch was previously in a stack and needs to think its the master so it can have a AAA service to talk to.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Switch-struck-pending-AAA-but-REBOOT-AS-...

Thanks
Brad
GTM-P2G8KFN