Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logs showing loop on uplink ports only

Logs showing loop on uplink ports only

Jason_Hilt
New Contributor
On almost all of my network closets I am getting:
Slot-1: [CLI:Voice-Vlan:3] LOOP DETECTED : 94547 transmitted, 935607 received, ingress slot:port (1:49) egress slot:port (1:49)

It always shows the vlan we use for ip phones and the uplink ports. Only difference is sometimes it shows CLI:Voice-Vlan:2 instead of CLI:Voice-Vlan:3.
We have ELRP setup on all ports with 1:49 and 2:49 uplinks excluded. Those are setup in a LACP LAG, which for many of the switch stacks quit working and won't reconnect.

Is there anyway to find out what other port or ??? is causing the loop? Bandwidth isn't an issue on any of the switches. All are less than 1% so there isn't any network storm.

10 REPLIES 10

Jason_Hilt
New Contributor
Thank you Brandon Clay!
I configured ELRP on the core to just log and excluded all ports from disable. Ended up being a loop from an IP phone on one of our Cisco stacks that connects directly to the core. Phone was in an empty office so there wasn't anyone to complain about it not working.
Who would have thought that Cisco would still process the ELRP packets on a blocked port.

How do you mark this as solved?

Awesome! I'm glad to hear you were able to track this down.

I'll mark the thread as solved.

Jason_Hilt
New Contributor
In the sh lacp lag 1:49 detail it has this:

Lag Actor Actor Partner Partner Partner Agg Actor
Sys-Pri Key MAC Sys-Pri Key Count MAC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1:49 0 0x0419 00:04:96:9b:37:50 0 0x03f5 2 02:04:96:9a:eb:4f

Enabled : Yes
LAG State : Up
Unack count : 0
Wait-for-count : 0
Current timeout : Long
Activity mode : Active
Defaulted Action : Delete
Fallback : Disabled
Fallback timeout : 60 seconds
Receive state : Enabled
Transmit state : Enabled
Minimum active : 1
Selected count : 2
Standby count : 0
LAG Id flag : Yes
S.pri:0 , S.id:00:04:96:9b:37:50, K:0x03f5
T.pri:0 , T.id:02:04:96:9a:eb:4f, L:0x0419

Port list:

Member Port Rx Sel Mux Actor Partner
Port Priority State Logic State Flags Port
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1:49 0 Current Selected Collect-Dist A-GSCD-- 1013
2:49 0 Current Selected Collect-Dist A-GSCD-- 1014
================================================================================
Actor Flags: A-Activity, T-Timeout, G-Aggregation, S-Synchronization
C-Collecting, D-Distributing, F-Defaulted, E-Expired

On four different stacks all of the Partner MACs are the same but the Partner Key is different. Is that normal?

Jason_Hilt
New Contributor
How do you check the mac address they are using? I am pretty new to Extreme switches.
How do you check if a stack is broken? I had already checked each stack for bandwidth and the only ports running more than 1% are the IP cameras. All the other ports are .10 or less and not constant.
Should I run elrp on all 36 vlans or just the voice vlan?

GTM-P2G8KFN