Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a primer on SNMP Configuration - mostly HW faults

Looking for a primer on SNMP Configuration - mostly HW faults

Bruce_Garlock
New Contributor II
Hi all,

I have a couple of brand new x-460's, and being new to Extreme, I was looking for a SNMP configuration guide. The main things I want to monitor are PS failures, or fan failures.

I can certainly sleep a lot better with redundant power supplies now! However, I still need to be notified if one goes out.

We use Solarwinds NCM for configuration backups, so I was hoping to send traps to that if possible.

Many thanks,
Bruce

4 REPLIES 4

Bruce_Garlock
New Contributor II
Hi @tdj7397 - I ended up downloading this script for Nagios, and pulled apart the Extreme related OID's. This allowed me to integrate with our Nagios install and I double checked our dual-power supply Extreme switches by pulling the power on one PS, and got the needed alerts.

https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Hardware/Network-Gear/Cisco/Check-various-hardware-env...

There's info for other vendors in that script as well, which also turned out to be very useful for us.

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi Bruce,

see How to add a trap receiver on how to send SNMP traps from EXOS devices.

Erik

@Bruce Garlock Hi Bruce, I'm looking for something similar and was wondering if you ever came across a good list of OIDs or anything for these basic HW failure traps etc.
GTM-P2G8KFN