cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

loop detection on port of extreme x250e-24t

loop detection on port of extreme x250e-24t

Gunvant_Desai
New Contributor II
There is physical loop detected on Extremex250e-24t switch,due to this entire network went down at one of our customer site.
Is anybody can help me how to block the port if the loop is detected on the switch?

So that in future if physical loop detected on the switch then port will automatically blocked it.

please let me know the procedure for the same.

Thanks in advanced!!!
9 REPLIES 9

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi,

to complete the testing you need to update EXOS to a version that actually supports disabling ports via ELRP. EXOS version 12.0 does not provide this feature. The first EXOS version to provide this feature was 12.5.3.

The recommended EXOS version for X150 and X250 switches is EXOS 15.3.5.2-patch1-9 (see http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/hw_sw_compatibility/HardwareSoftwareCompatibility/r_exos-re...). You should consider upgrading to that firmware version.

Best regards,
Erik

Gunvant_Desai
New Contributor II
i am doing simulation in our lab with x150-24t switch version 12.0.2.25.But some of the commands are not supported like "disable-port duration 300" is not taking it after log.

"configure elrp-client disable-ports exclude PORTLIST" and this is also not taking it.

Could you please suggest what should i do to complete this testing?

Regards,
Gunvant Desai

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi,

the x250e is supported by EXOS 15.3, but not by newer EXOS versions. In 15.3, ELRP is configured with:
configure elrp-client periodic VLANNAME ports PORTLIST interval 1 log disable-port duration 300 enable elrp-client This configuration can disable every port on which an ELRP PDU is received.
configure elrp-client disable-ports exclude PORTLISTIf you have an older EXOS version, the commands might be a bit different, but in this case you should upgrade to the supported EXOS 15.3 anyway.

Best regards,
Erik

Gunvant_Desai
New Contributor II
Can anybody please help me step by step configuration and how to monitor testing on extreme xos switch.due to disable-port command is not available i am stucked now.

Thanks in advanced!!!

Regards,
Gunvant Desai
GTM-P2G8KFN