cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Loop prevention on LAN

Loop prevention on LAN

Kar_Del_Moral
New Contributor III
Our current network configuration, is only running ESRP (active/pasive) no stp or mstp, I'll like to implement some loop prevention configuration. Just today I had an issue in one switch that loose the uplink to the Primary Core, this turn into a failover to the secondary core, and it appear the issue was some kind of loop in a communication closet (I unplugged communication link in the whole closet). What do you suggest, do you think ELRP might help me? Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Kar_Del_Moral
New Contributor III
Also, when this happen on the server level one of the servers that is running SQL it show this error "Cluster IP address resource 'SQL IP Address (SMTMSSQL) cannot be brought online because a duplicate IP address 'ipofheserver' was detected on the network. Please ensure ll IP addresses are unique.

On the Cores, there was no ESRP aware flush warning message, only the link down, but on the switch with the issue it did show the esrp warning, I'm not sure if it was so fast that's why... but you know if we need to do some special configuration for servers?

All of my VLAN's are in one failover domain, will it help if share info from my core configuration?

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
<content-quote data-username="Karina Del Moral">Also, when this happen on the server level one of the servers that is running SQL it show this error "Cluster IP address resource 'SQL IP Address (SMTMSSQL) cannot be brought online because a duplicate IP address 'ipofheserver' was detected on the network. Please ensure ll IP addresses are unique.

On the Cores, there was no ESRP aware flush warning message, only the link down, but on the switch with the issue it did show the esrp warning, I'm not sure if it was so fast that's why... but you know if we need to do some special configuration for servers?

All of my VLAN's are in one failover domain, will it help if share info from my core configuration?</content-quote>This is a different issue than loop prevention mechanisms. Moving this to a new thread will help get better attention. Please reference the new conversation here: ESRP and failover scenarios

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
ELRP is on Extremeware too, the link to the documentation is here under the archives:

http://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation-archives

The configuration is very similar.

Kar_Del_Moral
New Contributor III
Thanks, Our Cores are XOS, but I still have some Extremeware Edge switches, the ELRP is configure in each Edge switch, correct?
GTM-P2G8KFN