Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Loop Problem

Loop Problem

Uber_Londono
New Contributor
Hello folks,
I need interconnect many extreme Switch, when try to connect Sw1 and Sw2, (See picture), A broadcast storm block both Switchs, I have many Vlans and the ports are in trunk Mode.
Which is the way to interconnect two Extreme Switch, I need LACP?. The STP is disabled.

efb2c9b2d0d44f9c9f08a436f78ff1d7_RackMultipart20150427-21880-qkh0bk-Extreme_inline.png

Thanks in advance for your Help
9 REPLIES 9

Uber_Londono
New Contributor
The Problem was solved with stacking cable and LAG betwen SW1 and SW2, working in redundancy mode "Maximal".

Thanks all for your help.

Uber_Londono
New Contributor
Hello,
Customer I asked configure in my trunk ports in SW1 and SW2:

storm-control broadcast level 20.00

no cdp enable

spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

spanning-tree bpduguard enable

These commands are for Cisco IOS, the question is, wich are the equivalence in Extreme EXOS.

Thanks

Marco_Lorenz
New Contributor II
I World try to configure the Ports on Cisco to Sw1 and Sw2 as a LinkAggregationGroup. Sw1 and Sw2 will build a MLAG with their Ports to the core. MLAG is a "Virtual LAG" between Ports of two non-Stacked Switches The Interconnection beteten Sw1 and Sw2 will be the so called ISC. Once you have configured MLAG correctly you will be able to connect your Servers redundantly to Sw1 and SW2 with their Ports configure as MLAG-PAIR. Another solution Would be to build a Stack out of Sw1 and Sw2. In this case the link between Sw1 and Sw2 will be the stackingcabe cable.

Kawawa
Extreme Employee
You can configure an ERPS ring between the Cisco switch, SW1 and SW2 as ERPS is an open standard. You can then configure the Link between SW1 and SW2 to be your blocking port. That should take care of your storm. Let me know if you need configuration examples.
GTM-P2G8KFN