cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOST FRAME SIZE 64 - 350

LOST FRAME SIZE 64 - 350

E_FIERROS
New Contributor
I have a domain eaps , and i did a test for a frame size 64 bytes , for the primary port the test is sucefull but when did a fail over at the secondary port test no pass.

I have configure jumbo frame , can you share the possibilities for this scenery ?

7 REPLIES 7

E_FIERROS
New Contributor
Ok the equipment that function like a loopback is connected on port 1 equipment a1-jade and the emisor equipment is connected in another ring .

EtherMAN
Contributor III
So with a 3 point ring where are you placing your test set and where is the loopback for your testing ? This would help you narrow down a problem with one of the links.

E_FIERROS
New Contributor
Hi Ethernet Man , Thanks for the information and know maybe exist the posibility drop paquets when did a fail over. But the situation is that I make or ran a test RFC2544 because I am checking the 2 path ( primary and secondary) like attached topology nothing change on the path only when did a change over the eaps-´perisur. For one side the test is exitoso (primary) but for the second path is not working fine and appears lost frames

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Did the redundant path take over and your test stopped dropping frames? There is always some packet loss when you have a link failure and there will be some packet loss when you restore. I am assuming that this is what you are seeing is a pass or fail from a test set based purly on packet loss and not how long it takes the network to restore when you do the fail over.

GTM-P2G8KFN