Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Lost Wifi in Mobile Phone?

Lost Wifi in Mobile Phone?

Long_Tran
New Contributor III
Hi all,
My company is using Access Point 7502E. I connect my mobile phone to WIFI. But when i lock screen of mobile phone, Connect is lost (I can't ping to IP of mobile phone--> Internet is drop). then, when I unlock screen, My mobile phone is automatic connect to network. How to fix the problem?
Help me!
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Darrel_Rhodes
Extreme Employee
There are some useful (anecodtal) pointers here that might help.
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/218354/how-to-prevent-iphone-from-dropping-wifi-connection...
Interestingly (and I'm running WiNG 7622 APs) my iPhone 5C stays connected in sleep but my iPhone 6S reverts to cellular when asleep. So looks to be a phone issue, if anything.

Thanks,
Darrel.

Sam
Extreme Employee
That doesn't disable the power saving functionality for the device:
Low Power Mode reduces or affects these features:

• Email fetch
  • "Hey Siri"
  • Background app refresh
  • Automatic downloads
  • Some visual effects
  • Auto-Lock (defaults to 30 seconds)
I'd advise you open up a case with GTAC so that they can review your wireless configuration.

Best regards,
Sam

Long_Tran
New Contributor III
Hi Sam,
I turn off Power Save in Setting --> Battery --> Low Power Mode --> Chose Turn off.

07edb346e72c4bc1830a27d5c52336bc_RackMultipart20171012-92388-rd65s4-images_inline.png

Other hand, When I connect in other wifi network, that problem does not appear

Sam
Extreme Employee
The client should wake to hear a beacon from the AP based on the TBTT (Target Beacon Transmission Time). If there is any buffered unicast traffic at the AP for the client, the AP will put the clients AID (Association Identifier) in the TIM (Traffic indication Map). The client should then check this beacon for its AID and will send a PS-Poll frame to the AP. When the AP gets this frame it will send the buffered traffic.

You can see all of the above in a packet capture.

How are you testing this? Are you sending emails and Skype's while the screen is locked? Also how have you turned off power save mode on the iPhone?

-Sam
GTM-P2G8KFN