cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LX SFP not working in shared port

LX SFP not working in shared port

Chris_Youngblut
New Contributor
Just purchased a new X440 - G2 switch and Extreme 1GB LX SFPs. I am not able to get the SFPs to work in the shared ports (using port 47/48). Is there something I need to do activate those ports to work with the SFPs? I've tried different Single Mode patch cables as well as different ports/switches on the other end. I know those have worked in the past. Ideas? ALso, can I plug these SFPs into the 10GB ports on the back of the switch?

7 REPLIES 7

Chris_Youngblut
New Contributor
Thanks for everyone's comments. I found out that the Extreme SFP I was using was not compatible with the Cisco switch. I thought I had checked that earlier but was mistaken. Once I installed an SFP that was Cisco compatible, it worked fine. I appreciate all the troubleshooting tips - they will come in handy in the future I am sure!

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Also, what is the transceiver you were using on the other side? The wavelength will need to be the same, for example both transceivers would need to be 850 nm

Chacko
Contributor
Hi Chris,

we had a similar problem with a x670-G2 after upgrading to 21.1.3.7.
We had to configure the speed settings manually (in our case 1G/Full).

Before updating, the auto-negotiation worked fine.
So you can try to hard-configure the speed settings.

Best Regards
Chacko

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I second that. Just saw the reply... but your transceiver is working, because you can see the transceiver statistics. As Brandon pointed out, the receive port is not actually receiving any light. Swap them fibers and give it a try!
GTM-P2G8KFN