cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC move seen in Cisco switch connected to Extreme

MAC move seen in Cisco switch connected to Extreme

Merab_Katibashv
New Contributor
Okey but I have other question and I have Cisco 3650 L3 end two xos summits 430 24t connecting trunk connection. Cisco L3 say flopping extreme switch connecting ports to vlan 1. What recommend give me about that. Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: X430-24p and summitlite-16.1.2.14.xos firmware problem.
7 REPLIES 7

Terry_Harcleroa
New Contributor
Many thanks! Much appreciated

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi Terry, this MAC address is used by EDP (Extreme Discovery Protocol).

Since your are connecting those ports to a Cisco device, you can disable EDP on specific ports with disable edp ports command.

You can also check the GTAC Knowledge link below for details:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Why-are-my-non-Extreme-devices-reporting-link...

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Agreed. You can disable EDP on the ports connecting to the Cisco with the disable edp ports command.

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
This is due to either EDP packets or ELRP packets, both of which are sourced from this MAC address.

I would suggest disabling EDP on the ports that connect to non-EXOS switches. If this is due to ELRP and you do not want to disable it on those ports, you may want to see if it is possible to exclude a specific log message from the Cisco's log buffer.
GTM-P2G8KFN