cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac to role for VoIP Phones and TVCC

mac to role for VoIP Phones and TVCC

Giuseppe_Montan
Contributor
Good Evening, I am going to configure a new EMC to manage different Switch EOS and XOS.
Because I am new with this Software I want to know if is there a possibility to create a MAC to ROLE to check and put on a correct Vlan Phones and TVCC from the OUI. Is necessary insert a password for every phones/TVCC or not ? Thanks in advance Giuseppe
6 REPLIES 6

M_Nees
Contributor III
On EXOS 22.2/22.3/22.4 MAC-to-Role Mapping seems to be possible but only at "port-level" not "device level".
Unfortunately i do not figured out how to configure that!

M_Nees
Contributor III
There is a bug in 22.5 - but 22.4 or 22.5 Patch2-2 works!

M_Nees
Contributor III
code:
This explains how to configure:

https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/polman/docs/l_p_at_port_prop_gen.html#mappings

configure policy profile 1 name "Innovaphone" pvid-status "enable" pvid 172 untagged-vlans 172
configure policy rule admin-profile macsource 00-90-33-00-00-00 mask 24 port-string 1 admin-pid 1
configure policy rule admin-profile macsource 00-90-33-00-00-00 mask 24 port-string 2 admin-pid 1But i have to check this in lab if it works well ...

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
If using an Extreme Control appliance then there is no need to create a password for every MAC. Extreme Control will successfully authenticate any MAC authentication and password without configuration. Extreme Control uses MAC authentication for visibility and policy assignment.

Thanks
-Ryan
GTM-P2G8KFN