cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

migrate WiNG Express AP to WiNG Enterprise AP

migrate WiNG Express AP to WiNG Enterprise AP

Matthijs_van_We
New Contributor
How can i migrate a AP6522-E to a WiNG Enterprise AP? Inside the release notes of 5.9.2 firmware this is what they say:

WiNG Express Portfolio Migration WiNG 5.9.2 adds ability to migrate WiNG Express AP to WiNG Enterprise AP. Once upgraded to WiNG 5.9.2, WiNG Express AP will become functionally equivalent of WiNG Enterprise AP. ļƒ˜ Following WiNG Express APs can be migrated by upgrading to WiNG 5.9.2: AP 6522E, AP 6562E, AP 7502E, AP 7522E. ļƒ˜ WiNG Express controllers are not supported with WiNG 5.9.2. ļƒ˜ WiNG Enterprise controllers running WiNG 5.9.2 can be used to upgrade and manage supported Express APs as well as Enterprise APs on the same network. ļƒ˜ AP 6511E, AP 6521E are out of support and canā€™t be upgraded to WiNG 5.9.2.
10 REPLIES 10

Matthijs_van_We
New Contributor
Thank you all for the support

Alona
Extreme Employee
By coverting to enterprise - we open full access to CLI. GUi is not changed but now you are able to do anything you need in CLI - before it was blocked. You also can now connect this AP to Enterprise level controller and expand the deployemement to new APs more easily. Changing the GUI is not part of this feature.

Darrel_Rhodes
Extreme Employee
OK thanks, let me investigate and I'll get back to you.

Hello All,
Only the AP75xx Express SKUs allow the admin to modify from Swift UI to Enterprise UI after v5.9.2 upgrade. This feature was not included in the other Express AP models, including the AP65xx Express Series, due to hardware limitations.
GTM-P2G8KFN