Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MLAG two tier design, lacp config for win 2013 servers

MLAG two tier design, lacp config for win 2013 servers

HarrySo
New Contributor III
We are now testing following MLAG two Tier Design

2 BD8810 connected together with two 10Gbit LACP LAG

2 X670 connected to the BD's with 2x10Gb LACP LAG, each X670 is connected with one of Link to BD1 and the other to BD2

BD1 ---ISC-- BD2 --> VRRP Interface for Servers, Vlan is configured on the ISL Link.

670-1 ----ISC---670-2 --> Mlag for LACP Server Connection

On the X670 are the MLAG ports for the Servers configured.

We have configured on X440 as Server Dummy to check the functionality of MLAG. This works fine with no Interrupts.

Now we are testing the same constallation with MS 2012 R2 Servers, and we've got a lot of ICMP losses, the connection to the Server interrupts in the case e.g. opening a mstsc Session or just moving the mouse.

All LACP LAGs are configured L3_L4, the Aggregation to the Server comes up, MLAG Status is up, but as soon as traffic to the Server apears, the loose Connection to the Servers.

No Events in the Logs, MLAG or LACP is always fine

Any ideas?

18 REPLIES 18

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
Looks like a configuration on the Windows Servers, need to know the adapters you have and how the lag is configured. Make sure that you update those drivers to the latest available. Your configuration on the switches looks fine. What is the version of XOS your are using? Make sure that you are trying 15.5 and later, I would suggest 16.1.1.4. Overall I have seen this issue with outdated windows drivers... Let me know and we can figure it out...

Bill

Sounds good... Please let us know when you are doing this again so we can share your experience with others. Let us know if we help, thats what we are here for!

Bill

Hi Bill!

We stepped back to a Server independend config an it works fine cause we are a Little bit in a hurry to bring this Design to a productive Status.

I try to build this up again later in this year.

Thank you very much for your helpful support!

That configuration looks correct as per the team, but I suspect there is a new Broadcom drivers for the NIC.. I looked at the Broadcom site there are versions 17 (dated 1-26-15) versions out there... can you please confirm them? About 90% of the time these are the issue...
GTM-P2G8KFN