Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPLS Analytics

MPLS Analytics

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi All

Just over a year ago I posted a question regarding Purview Analytic's for a QinQ tunnel. (VMAN)
The answer back then was that no we will not be able to see inside the S tag.

We have been approached by another client wanting Purview stats but this time round on his MPLS network. WIll Purview be able to read data with a MPLS Label?

Thx
Andre
4 REPLIES 4

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
HI Mike Thank you for the feedback. So a final question, can the S series be deployed on the side with the MPLS traffic mirrored to the S Series switch or should the S Series switch participate in the MPLS LDP Labels to read the traffic within the first label? Regards Andre

No I am asking if the S Series switch does not take part in the MPLS routing will it still be able to see within the first MPLS Label when traffic is mirrored from the MPLS infrastructure to the S Series switch or must it partake in the MPLS routing to be able to read within the MPLS Label. I am asking because I have to recommend a deployment model for Purview - so can it sit on the side with the MPLS traffic mirrored to it or must it form part of the MPLS routing to be able to see with in the MPLS Label. Thx

Are you asking can it be part of the MPLS cloud and be a mirrorN/netflow collector as well?

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Hello Andre,
I approached the product testing team on this one. Purview and the sensors can only work with one level of MPLS encapsulation. With two layers of encapsulation, we cannot decode the data. You can submit a case and ask for feature request, but it appears to be a limitation of the sensor hardware (S-Series or PV-FC-180).
GTM-P2G8KFN