cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Surface trying to run LLDP script for phones

MS Surface trying to run LLDP script for phones

DH1
New Contributor III
We run LLDP scripts for our MITEL VOIP phones and I have noticed that Microsoft Surfaces running Windows 10 try to run the LLDP script constantly and it fills the logs on the switches. If we disable the Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver on the Surface it stops.

Is there a way to have the switch not run the script when the Surface connects? We have advised our helpdesk to disable this but that doesn't always happen.
8 REPLIES 8

DH1
New Contributor III
Thank you for the help, I will check that variable and try the changes you suggested.

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Try this:

#@Description “Voice VLAN name”

if (!$match($EVENT.NAME,DEVICE-DETECT)) && if (!$match($EVENT.DEVICE_MANUFACTURER_NAME,MITEL)) then
set var voicevlan XXXX
create log entry ***Starting_LLDP_Config***

#Link Layer Discovery Protocol-Media Endpoint Discover
create log entry ***Config_LLDP_Parameters***
configure lldp port $EVENT.USER_PORT advertise vendor-specific med capabilities
configure lldp port $EVENT.USER_PORT advertise vendor-specific dot1 vlan-name vlan $voicevlan
configure lldp port $EVENT.USER_PORT advertise vendor-specific med policy application voice vlan $voicevlan dscp 46
create log entry ***Completed_LLDP_Parameters***
endif

Assuming the variable is, indeed, MITEL. You should check that.

DH1
New Contributor III
I have been working on this and still cannot get the Surface to stop running the script. I am not that good with scripting so I am having a hard time. Would someone be able to help? I am getting lost on how to end the script if the conditions don't match.

create upm profile detect-voip-XXXX

#@Description “Voice VLAN name”

if(!$match($EVENT.NAME,DEVICE-DETECT)) and

if(!$match($EVENT.DEVICE_MANUFACTURER_NAME,MITEL)) then

set var voicevlan XXXX

create log entry ***Starting_LLDP_Config***

endif

#Link Layer Discovery Protocol-Media Endpoint Discover

create log entry ***Config_LLDP_Parameters***

configure lldp port $EVENT.USER_PORT advertise vendor-specific med capabilities

configure lldp port $EVENT.USER_PORT advertise vendor-specific dot1 vlan-name vlan $voicevlan

configure lldp port $EVENT.USER_PORT advertise vendor-specific med policy application voice vlan $voicevlan dscp 46

create log entry ***Completed_LLDP_Parameters***

config upm event device-detect profile detect-voip-XXXX ports 1-5

What is the purpose of the endif in the middle of the script? This script was wrote by a vendor years ago.

Thanks!

DH1
New Contributor III
Thank you for the input, I will see what I can do.
GTM-P2G8KFN