Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Devices Authentication

Multi Devices Authentication

Mrxlazuardin
New Contributor III
Hi,

Is Summit and/or BlackDiamond support multi devices authentication on single port? I mean that authentication status and policy will be applied exclusively per device, so a device may be authenticated whether the others may be not even they are connected to the same port. I find that way on Brocade (Foundry) device which is MAC address based authentication but I'm no sure Extreme net login has same behavior.

Best regards,
12 REPLIES 12

Mrxlazuardin
New Contributor III
Hi Daniel,

Is there any documentation of authenticated MAC address limitation, Summit and BlackDIamond?

So, what is the meaning of "OR" of statement on page 798? I mean related to this conversation.

Best regards,

Michael_Kirchne
Contributor
Is there a documentation / slide deck, which describes the differences between Enterasys and Extreme Switches? In sort of capabilities, handling of RADIUS Server down events, ...

Regards
Michael

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Yes. 1,024 MAC addresses per switch. There's no specific limitation for ports or vlans.

It's in the Limits section of the Release Notes.

The figure you mention is the number of MAC addresses supported by the FDB. The number I mentioned is specific to MAC addresses in Network login with the MAC-based vlans feature.
GTM-P2G8KFN