MVRP deleting VLANs

MVRP deleting VLANs

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hello, colleagues!

On swithces configured MVRP.
VLANs adding normally.
BUT
When I delete VLAN on upstream switch, they don't removing from downstream switch.

It's issue or normal behavior?

Thank you!
8 REPLIES 8

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
There's a 30sec hold-on timer.

Antonio_Prado
New Contributor II
chad,

thank you for your reply.

What I noticed is that after deleting a VLAN it suddenly disappears from STP domain ('T' flag) then, matter of seconds (maybe related to some timer setting), it ages out as you told me.

thank you
--
antonio

Chad_Smith1
Extreme Employee
Antonio,

The VLANs should age out on their own if they are not being advertised elsewhere in the network. If they are being advertised, they will come back once deleted.

To prevent them from being added on the switch you can forbid those VLAN tags in MVRP (or disable MVRP):

conf mvrp tag ports registration forbidden

Once the tags are forbidden, the VLANs should be automatically removed. This assumes the VLAN has not been converted from a dynamic (i.e. SYS_VLAN_XXXX) to a user created VLAN.

The fastest way to do that for a large number of VLANs on multiple switches would be to create a quick script to execute the above command for each VLAN and port (or all ports.)

Antonio_Prado
New Contributor II
So, back to the topic.

Which is the quickest command to delete 100 vlans (out of 200 dynamically created vlans) on 20 mvrp enabled switches?

Thank you
--
antonio
GTM-P2G8KFN