cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nac Accept State

Nac Accept State

Michele_de_Vard
New Contributor
In our NAC version 6.3.0.162 integrated with IdentiFi platform version 9.21.04 we can see end-systems in the Accept State even if their last seen date it's equal to a month ago.
The ES State changes only if the NAC receives accounting packet? Is it possible modify the accept in disconnected status?

4 REPLIES 4

Michele_de_Vard
New Contributor
We enabled accounting in the NAC conf for the 2 new wireless controllers (C5210 model FW 9.21.04) but the issue with the update of the ES state didn't solve. When I try to disconnect a client from a Wi-Fi network or to turn off the wireless network card I see the client still in the state of accept. Is it a normal behaviour?
We have 7800 client in ACCEPT state even if their LAST_SEEN_TIME is equal to yesterday and "only" 4700 clients are in the DISCONNECTED state. In the wireless controllers the accounting seems correctly configured: we have the distribuited ES cache enabled and 4 NACs in balancing mode that receive the accounting from the 2 EWCs.

Michele_de_Vard
New Contributor
We recently added 2 new wireless controllers and we forget to enable the accounting in the NAC configuration.
Thank you Tyler for your precious support!

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Michele,
Welcome to The Hub. I'm glad Tyler was able to help you out quickly!

TylerMarcotte
Extreme Employee
Hi Michele,

In order to have the Disconnected state shown, you need to ensure that RADIUS Accounting is enabled within NAC and on the wireless controller. I believe this is disabled by default in NAC, but can be enabled by editing the switch and selecting enabled. Also make sure that on the WLAN service under Auth & Acct. that the NAC appliance is selected for Accounting.

-Tyler
GTM-P2G8KFN