Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

NAC + Active Directory + Wifi Users authentication

NAC + Active Directory + Wifi Users authentication

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody,

please, let me know whether goals below are possible or not and answer some of my questions:

1) I would like to create NAC authorization portal for desktop and mobile users like this (I mean - exactly the same):

833e34aecddb444aaf2aa7a1ee74a01f_RackMultipart20180116-44568-suhk0s-222_inline.jpg

2) I would like to authorize Internet access for wired and wireless (V2110) users using their AD credentials (so, NAC has to get AD account information from several domains)

3) I would like to see AD account names for authorized users in Netsight > Control > Endpoints (like OS type and version data)

4) I would like to send these usernames to Fortigate FG-600 and get all possible benefits from Extreme&Fortinet integration

Is it all possible?

My questions are:

1) Are there any separated or combined step-by-step manuals for all goals above? Please, share them!

2) How to make wired users get authenticated through NAC? For wireless I just set in V2110: VNS > WLAN Services > Auth & Acct > Mode: Authentication type External and set Redirection URL, but how about wired users?

3) How could I make NAC to authorize AD users account in several domains?

4) And the most difficult question: how could I make Netsight NAC to send usernames in Fortigate? I want get benefits described by Kurt Semba here: https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/does-extreme-still-have-technological-partnersh...

I had already bought all the hardware - there are about 100 Summits + Netsight + NAC + V2110 + 100APs + Fortigate FG-600.

At the moment authorization portal is on FG-600. It gets user names but, I want to see them in Netsight!

Please, help!

Many thanks in advance,
Ilya

4 REPLIES 4

Volker_Kull
Contributor
ThatĀ“s all possible !

1. You need to understand what you do. Step-by-step guides can help you to setup the solution but the donĀ“t help you troubleshooting this. User a qualified partner for that or take trainings.
2. You can use policies or policy based routing to redirect traffic from wired ports to the NAC portal.
3. NAC gateway can deal with domain prefix and contact different LDAP servers
4. ItĀ“s included in the OneFabric connect install guide

Option: Use the FG-600 Portal and redirect RADIUS to NAC-Gateway. You will see the users in XMC.

You will need some experience and knowledge of the interfaces to other systems, but it will work.

br
Volker

Hi, Ilya!

NAC gateway - is NAC appliance.
(gateway is exactly NAC, management from XMC GUI)

Thank you!

Hi Ilya !

NAC-Gateway is the appliance (virtual or HW) working as a authentication proxy. That means you confg wifi , switch, FW etc. to connect via RADIUS to the NAC-GW. Using the NAC rules you configure via XMC and push it to all NAC-GW, it will connect via RADIUS or LADP to directory services based on the user match rules you define (\* to AD1, \* to AD2 and so on). Radius proxy means that NAC-GW can change the authentication protocol or use internal DB(f.e. for MAC-Auth) . NAC-GW provide also a web portal with different options: splash, account, sponsoring, social media login, self service.

We use NAC for brach office authentication on FG-50/60..., Juniper, ...
All is absolutely conform with the standards (802.1X, PEAP, TLS, RADIUS, RFC3580, ...)

So you will have a lot of options that makes XMC/NAC/Analytics a pearl in infrastructure&security management and monitoring. No other vendor can beat this !

br
Volker

Thanks, Volker!

What the NAC-Gateway is?

You mean, from FG-600 side set NAC as radius server, so FG-600 will authorize users not with AD Domain controllers directly, but through NAC?

Am I right?
GTM-P2G8KFN