Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC-Appliance IA-A-20 vs Mobile-IAM-APP

NAC-Appliance IA-A-20 vs Mobile-IAM-APP

Suhail_Ahmad
New Contributor
Hi There,

Can you please help us out against below queries?

1. What’s the difference between NAC Appliance part# IA-A-20 and IAM appliance part# Mobile-IAM-APP?

2. Can NAC & IAM appliances be equipped with SFP+ transceiver?

3. Is it possible to roll out EAP certificate based authentication using NAC or IAM appliance.

Your quick response in this regard would be highly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Michael_Kirchne
Contributor
Hi Suhail,

ok - now I see your point. Unfortunately I am not very deep into AD FS but I don't think NAC supports AD FS. But more important, what do you want to achieve with that?

Regards
Michael

Suhail_Ahmad
New Contributor
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't clarify my question regarding Active Directory Federation Services,
I am looking for alternatives to Microsoft certificate support, third-party solution that provide strong authentication and integrate with Microsoft technologies. To varying degrees, all of the AD FS remote access alternatives can be integrated with third-party strong authentication solutions.

One of the more popular third-party two-factor authentication solutions is RSA SecurID.

I am interested to know and see if NAC supports this feature.

Thanks

Suhail

Michael_Kirchne
Contributor
Hi Suhail,

you would configure in (Advanced) AAA for 802.1X Local Authentication with LDAP Lookup.

What do you mean with "Do you think NAC can play any role for ADFS?"?

Regards
Michael

Suhail_Ahmad
New Contributor
Hi Michael,

Thank you for detailed information, it really clarifies to get better understanding , while configuring EAP-TLS which authentication method should I select? is it LDAP Authentication type with plain password lookup?

We want to implement implement both agent-less assessment for tablets/phones and agent-based for Windows/MAC/Linux machines.

Do you think NAC can play any role for ADFS?

Thanks for the support.

Regards

Suhail

GTM-P2G8KFN