Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC Appliance Web-Session timeout

NAC Appliance Web-Session timeout

Chacko
Contributor
Hi,

is there a configuration option to change the default-timeout for the Web-session?
I'm connected to the Webserver of the NAC-Appliance (IP:8443/Admin), but the session is closing after ~5 minutes - very annoying.

Best Regards
Chacko
5 REPLIES 5

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
BTW, for what do you use the portal - I'm curious because I never use it and wonder whether I miss out on something 

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Chacko,

it would be nice to change the session timeout! But maybe the following workaround can help you:
You can reach the NAC server.log via NAC Manager (the Java tool) with a right click on you appliance and selecting "NAC Appliance Log..."
Or you use a SSH session to your NAC Appliance and browse your logs (there are several) in /var/log/ and /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/logs

Regards Stephan

Yes, exactly the same over here (troubleshooting).
If you got the logs in the NAC-Appliance Web-GUI and want to compare them, e.g. with radius-logs of a different and with every refresh you have to login again, it's a little bit annoying.

I use the portal to turn debug logs on and off, particularly RADIUS and rule evaluation. There's some other interesting info in there, but nothing I'd use on a regular basis.
GTM-P2G8KFN