cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

NAC Portal: Pre-Registration expiration at first login

NAC Portal: Pre-Registration expiration at first login

M_Nees
Contributor III
i want using this new (netsight / NAC V7.x) feature. Unfortunately there is no documentation how i can use it ;-((

No online-help, no manual ...

60e1f3a0e426470fae5448d218aa6f1b_RackMultipart20170215-47651-wug1nn-1_inline.png

If i create a new guest user i have to determine a exiration date - if i delete this field an error occurs.

i want creating a bunch of guest vouchers and they should expire after 5 days, starting from first login (and not from creation date)!

How can i do that ???

PS: i hate new feature that are not documentated!!!

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Matthias,

I have seen this feature working.

There is a help entry but I found it only in the online document. (http://nms.extremewireless.ca:8080/Clients/help/content/oneview/docs/ov_splash.html).

Please pay attention to the NOTE below. I think therefore your test goes wrong.

Pre-Registration Expiration at First Login Select this checkbox to set the Default Expiration of a pre-registered user to begin when the user first registers a device, instead of setting it the moment the pre-registered user is created (added via the pre-registration administration process). Select Enable Pre-Registration Portal to enable this option. For more information, see How to Configure Pre-Registration.

NOTE:

This option is only valid when importing a CSV file to pre-register multiple users in the Pre-Registration Portal and not when entering information for a single user.

Stephan

Regards Stephan

Hi SH,

thanks for that advice.

I have to look for documentation of new features in OneView!

In JavaTool they have add the button but NOT the documentation !
Should be changed ...

Also that this simple but worthful feature is only available via CSV import and not via GUI creation of users (which is done be a secretary - CSV creation can only be done by the admin itself).

Regards
GTM-P2G8KFN