Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need direction in setting up mesh for AP7662 APs

Need direction in setting up mesh for AP7662 APs

Brett_Morrison
New Contributor II
Hi

I have 4 of the AP7662 units setup with an auto VC, but I cannot work out how to mesh these correctly. The case will be that 3 of the 4 will be root devices (LAN access) and the 4th will not have LAN access, but will need to mirror the wireless in an open dispatch yard.

I have tried following 9035201_WiNG_5_9_1_AP_SRG.pdf but I cannot find some of the options in my APs. Is there a step by step guide for setting this up?

Thanks,

Brett

5 REPLIES 5

Brett_Morrison
New Contributor II
Thanks Darrel, at least I know now why the option is missing.

I'll review my installation plan and work around it.

thanks,

Brett

Please can you tell how the setup for the mesh went for you, can you share your serious with us so I can try it, thanks

Darrel_Rhodes
Extreme Employee
Hi Brett,

I understand that MESHConnex support won't be available on the 7662 AP platform until WiNG firmware version 5.9.2.

The release of this version is due in a month or two but unfortunately I don't have any firm release date to provide you with.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Darrel.

Brett_Morrison
New Contributor II
Hi Ondrej

Thanks for the info - I am already on EnterpriseUI, but I have tried working through that mesh document and I have no options for meshconnex policy, so cannot create one. The only plac I can find anything on meshing is under System profile, the default profile, interface>radios, legacy mesh. This does not create a policy though.

All of my APs are 5.9.1.3-007R

Brett

GTM-P2G8KFN