Need help finding IP Address for AP-7522

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
Preface: I'm not really a big network person. I just happen to be the most qualified to do the job where I work right now.

I've got an AP-7522 Access point, and I need help getting into the configuration. What's the process to do so? I've done some googling, and come up with a couple of things, but nothing has helped me so far. I've set up routers, and my own personal networking, but I've never dealt with dedicate access points.
Photo of Dryden Oshtugon

Dryden Oshtugon

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ronald Dvorak

Ronald Dvorak, Embassador

• 47,568 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Never seen one in RL but from the "WiNG 5.8 - Access Point System Reference Guide "...

Photo of Drew C.

Drew C., Community Manager

• 38,612 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Ron, you've found something on our site that I'm having trouble locating.  Can you post the link to that version of the guide please?
All I can turn up is a 5.4 and a 4.x version.
(Edited)
Photo of Ronald Dvorak

Ronald Dvorak, Embassador

• 47,568 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I've found in on the Extranet on the WiNG documentation section..
http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/ExtremeWireless/WING_5.8_APSRG_MN002229A01_EN.pdf

Or this one via the normal search... first document if you search for "AP 7522 Access Point Installation Guide"
http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/ExtremeWireless/AP7522_IG_MN001376A01_REVB_EN.pdf
Photo of Drew C.

Drew C., Community Manager

• 38,612 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I found the install guide.  The v5.8 SRG needs to be listed on our public documentation site so it can be indexed by search.  I'll forward that feedback along to the team.  Thanks!
Photo of Ondrej Lepa

Ondrej Lepa, Employee

• 5,280 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Guys,
usually we rely on DHCP discovery or COM (console) when it comes to first installation, but in case you need to do a pre-stagging you may use the MAC digest as written in reference guide - take APIPA and convert last two octets of MAC into decimal form - that's so-called ZeroIP config (present in default setup).

Other than this you may check label on back of AP (AP75xx) and see the ZeroIP claimed there.

Last option would be an AP discover tool (part of some FW package) which allows you to find AP using MINT broadcast.
Photo of Ryan Mathews

Ryan Mathews, Alum

• 8,988 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Great to have you and your WiNG expertise on the Hub Ondrej.  Welcome! 
Photo of Dryden Oshtugon

Dryden Oshtugon

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Oh, awesome. I'll give this a shot. I've got a manual for it, but it doesn't cover actually connecting to it, other than "The IP is on the bottom of the unit.".
Photo of Ryan Mathews

Ryan Mathews, Alum

• 8,988 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Dryden...thanks for joining the Hub.  

I think this is our first question on the Community for WiNG products (formerly Zebra WLAN) from our user base and we're really excited to see it.    

(NOTE: For those that may not be familiar the AP 7522 now to be part of Extreme --  http://www.extremenetworks.com/product/wing-ap-7522/)

Going forward, you'll see more and more WiNG content in our KB, WiNG conversations on the Hub and WiNG information in Extreme Unified Search.  This is just the start and you get the prize for kicking this off....Extreme WiNG style.

Our Community Manager, Drew, will be in touch with a token of thanks.

(Edited)