cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help getting Eaton Flexview to work

Need help getting Eaton Flexview to work

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I can't figure out why the UPS reports to the mib tool but not to the Flexview. It seems like it should be either both or neither.

0d6dc5d6b2324b8ea0182c7d60bc5faa_RackMultipart20151001-4006-bbcxtb-Capture_inline.png

18 REPLIES 18

Murphy__Daniel
Extreme Employee
Good luck - I usually save test1---- test2.... that way if I mess up I have a previous working one.
This is very important because of 2 issues.
Save -- it tricky and sometimes you are not looking (cached) ad the edit FlexView so save under a new name.
This always works.
Write expression can be a pain and corrupt the flexView so if you have a complicated one and mess it up you want a valid back up.

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
Daniel,

Thanks for your help with this. The issues appears to have been 3 columns that were returning missing values and causing all columns except the mac address to fail to display.

Going forward when trying to build flex views I will add one column at a time.

Thanks again

Murphy__Daniel
Extreme Employee
My suggestion is to create 4 or 5 test FlexViews label them by (table) you are in when testing.
That way you can see on a set of devices if the scalar values are being returned by the device.
This would help point to the issues quicker.
I assume one or more of the OIDs are deprecated or not supported on the device we are testing.

Murphy__Daniel
Extreme Employee
The HTML does have information but only some scalars, could you back up a level and redo.
All it takes is a single (VALUE packed into the PDU to not respond) and the FlexView will fail.
Now you can add them if they are always going to be there.
So moving all to Request 2 Not (sysName, sysLocation, sysContact) keep these in (Default)

Then you have 12 (new scalars) but I suspect some are not returned.
I cannot verify with the MIB result you provided.

xups OBJECT-TYPE
SYNTAX Branch
::= { powerware 1 }

For example
xupsBatteryLastReplacedDate

xupsOutputLoad

xupsIdentModel

You have xups what appear to be all scalar values.

So 1 or more are not being returned.
You would need to test by moving the request block (3 and 4)
perhaps if you provide the full HTML i can see the issue (on the single device) you are reading.
Other wise just take your time -- adding only a single (Table) at once.
and test across multiple devices - MIBs are not always consistently implemented.
I have none of these in house and I have never read from these tables before.

GTM-P2G8KFN