cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Scripting Port Changes

Need Help Scripting Port Changes

EMES
New Contributor
I am looking for a push in the right direction. I have some access gear feeding apartments and I am trying to get rid of that gear due to the age of it. My plan is to replace the access gear with some extreme switches that I can configure for each end user as needed. Our solution involves a couple of scenarios:

1. Direct Public Data with speeds set
2. Direct pubic data with speeds set/IPTV traffic tagged on same port
3. IPTV traffic untagged

It really just depends what services they need to what is pushed down their connection in this MDU. I have never really jumped too far into scripting in XOS but I am hoping that there is a way for me to do something like:

script-IPTV-GoldNet port 4
script-GoldNetOnly port 4

and this script would handle cleaning up the port before any configuration is set on it, set the ACL/egress data rate and set the proper VLAN's. Let me know where I can share more details, if I have over-complicated things, or if I should entertain a new angle entirely. I'm happy to RTM, just looking for a little guidance on which chapter should be #1 for my application.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

EMES
New Contributor
I have tested this a little bit in the lab and I hit a small road block. In this network, I have 3 scenarios:

Push IPTV traffic out port untagged(no shaping/limiting)
push data traffic out the port untagged(limiting applied)
push data out the port untagged and tag the IPTV traffic(limiting on data/no limits on iptv)

in the last scenario, there is a generic switch at the end that splits all the ports out so that cable boxes can be plugged in to the IPTV network and the data breaks off to the end computer/router for data traffic.

The only egress shaping I have applied to ports is directly on the port...is it possible to apply that to only one vlan on the port? Seems like an ACL might do it but most of that is applied ingress. I'm open for suggestion, I'm sure there are lots of obstacles I haven't tackled with our XOS based gear so it might be right in front of me.

EMES
New Contributor
I think this is going to be just the right mix of simplicity and features, I will run around with this in the lab and see what I can make it do for me! Thank you!

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi EMES,

Please check this one and see if this is what you are looking for.

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_commands_22.1/exos_21_1/exos_commands_all/r_load-scri...

GTM-P2G8KFN