Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

netlogin mac authentication issue

netlogin mac authentication issue

Vitor_Barreiro
New Contributor
Correct me if i am wrong:
In NetLogin by mac address, the user and password sent by the Summit to the NPS are capitalized(uppercase) . As the case sensitice password, how can I make the switch to send the password in lowercase?

Best Regards
VB
5 REPLIES 5

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi,

same problem at my current project - several thousands mac addresses are part of global NPS in lower case because this is HP switching default. EXOS now only support upper case ...

HP / Brocade / Cisco support to define the format of mac authentication (upper / lower case ....)

This is a overdue feature!

Is there maybe a way to transform the mac format if it goes through Extreme NAC Gatway ?

Is there maybe a way in NPS to ignore password checking (because i think, only password checking in NPS is case sensitive, not username) ?

Regards

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Vitor,

Unfortunately it is not possible via script.

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Vitor,

I believe you can chance the password to upper case in Active Directly, i would say that is an easy option.

since the packet is generated by the CPU I am not sure if a script can do it, i would say it has to be a change in the code...Still i would check with the team if this is possible via a script.

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Vitor,

Current implementation does not have an option to change the case of "user-password" attribute to lower case so this case be further submitted as a feature request to check if this can be implemented in the future
GTM-P2G8KFN