cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsight alarm ip-security

Netsight alarm ip-security

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II
I configured on a switch ip-security DHCP-snooping. I also created an alarm in Netsight.

When I receive an alarm, the information is:

IP Security Violation VLAN ifIndex INTEGER: 19 VLAN Description STRING: VLAN-NAME Port ifIndex IP MAC Violation Type .

How can I get the information ?

Johan Hendrik System Architect Audax
5 REPLIES 5

Annas_Shaker
Extreme Employee
Johan, here is a link for an article in our knowledge base that references this issue:
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/NetSight-IP-Security-Alarms-Show-UNKNOWN...

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Johan, after further review and re-creation we have opened up a case for you regarding this, and will follow up with that. Let me know if you do not see that case.

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Johan, the means that the product is not sending in any data for those parameters. We looked at the security template in netsight, and it appears to be correctly for receiving said traps.
So this does not appear to be a formatting issue. I have added the XOS category into the discussion. Maybe they can assist with some recommendations.

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II
I've tested it with netsight 6.2.0.211. The switch that send the alarm is a x250-24p with firmware 15.3.1.4 patch1-44

Johan Hendrik System Architect Audax
GTM-P2G8KFN