cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsight can not poll from switch behind firewall

Netsight can not poll from switch behind firewall

Husam
New Contributor II
I am using default SNMP setting, for local switch everything is going well but for remote site I can discover all switches using SNMP default setting but I can not poll any information.

the connection between netsight and switches is over VPN and all ports are opened.

is there any special config should be done for remote site:

Thanks in advance,
Husam
7 REPLIES 7

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Husam,

Thats good to know its working now.

Thanks,
Suresh.B

Husam
New Contributor II
Thank you all. it was my mistake. I did the discovery from remote station. The discovery go successfully because netsight do the discovery from remote station but the polling failed. I did not know this behavior of console . it was a route map issue related to my client server.

Thank you all.

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Husam,

We have to check below details.

A) If you able to ping the remote site switches from netsight then create a new profile and check what happens. please find below steps to create a new profile.

1.Click or choose authorization/Device Access from the Tools menu.

2.Select the Profiles/Credentials tab in the authorization/Device Access window.

3.In the upper half of the tab, click Add Profile. The Add Profile window opens.

4.Type a name (up to 32 characters) for your new credential and select a SNMP version.
a.If you select SNMPv1 or SNMPv2, you can select credentials for Read, Write, and Max Access.
b.If you select SNMPv3, you can select credentials and security levels for Read, Write, and Max Access.
5.Click Apply.

 Please double check the remote site switches configuration to make sure netsight clients are responding to server over VPN.

C) In the remote site switches do you see any logs that is related to SNMP authentication failure or packet drops.

First let us find out where is the issue weather with netsight or remote side, based on that we will proceed further.

Thanks,
Suresh.B

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
So in the overview the status is "Contact Established" in the 4th column...

20f49262e7574ad4a0b55d3e695e242d_RackMultipart20151020-14700-vrgx1e-Netsight_SNMP_status_inline.png

Which Netsight software version is installed ?

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN