cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsight Compass - Full MAC address instead MAC OUI prefix?

Netsight Compass - Full MAC address instead MAC OUI prefix?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is there a way when doing a compass search to just display the full MAC address without the MAC OUI prefix.

There seems to be an option to do this for OneView, but not Compass?

The reason I need this is that I am tasked with creating a Database of all the devices connected to the switchs. I can get this by just selecting the switchs and clicking 'Search' in Compass. You can't do this in OneView?

I managed to manipulate the data from Compass in Excel to replace the MAC OUI prefix with the correct mac address, but the problem I have with that is something like 'VMWARE INC' has the same prefix against 4 different address, so I have no way of differentiating one from the other?

Any help much appreciated in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Andre_K_
New Contributor
I have a related issue with NAC logging. Whenever an end system ages out, its MAC address gets logged in an event. However, regardless of the Netsight settings mentioned above, the MAC in the event logging will always be in OUI format.

"Removed Aged End-System for MAC: BROADCOM CORPORATION:AB:12:EF"

This is quite sad because it hinders you to process them automatically (for example to remove DHCP reservations, etc).

mmmhhh, you are right, I can't find an option to change that.

I'm pretty sure that there is a file in Netsight that we'd edit to provide the full MAC.

Hope that an Netsight expert in the forum could tell us how it's done...

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's brilliant.......it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
GTM-P2G8KFN