Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsight Console - new (custom) tab for EWC Station Events only

Netsight Console - new (custom) tab for EWC Station Events only

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi,

for better WLAN troubleshooting i forward all my EWC StationEvents to Netsight. i forward it via syslog - local3 facility into a separate log-file - which resides on netsight server - /var/log/StationEvents.log.

EWC is filling these with station events - all working fine!
(tail -f /var/log/StationEvents.log is filling up)

On Netsight Console i created a new tab - Wireless-StationEvents. How can i get Console that the content of the above file will shown here ?

2d5e8fc6d4554fa49376fd165bc89c53_RackMultipart20170208-23513-ekse7a-1_inline.png

i am not able to define a log source which is Type = Server - means a log-file which rely on netsight server.

2d5e8fc6d4554fa49376fd165bc89c53_RackMultipart20170208-38024-26fkfs-2_inline.png

(log-file target was /var/log/StationEvents.log - but Console change this to local c:\....)

The other (default) tabs show me that is should be possible, but how ???
14 REPLIES 14

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello Ron,

I have already tested this in the lab and have run into the same issues. I am currently reviewing this with the NetSight engineering team.

Thanks
-Ryan

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Ryan,

do have news about this feature?
We are still interested .

Best regards
Stephan
Regards Stephan

Thanks for the update.

-Ron

Hello All,

At this time you cannot create a log manager with type "server". Engineering is adding this into a future release. At this time it's currently targeted to 8.1. Unfortunately there's not workaround at the moment so we'll have to wait for release of the feature.

Thanks
-Ryan
GTM-P2G8KFN