cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

NetSight - How do I integrate my NetSight Server with Active Directory windows?

NetSight - How do I integrate my NetSight Server with Active Directory windows?

Jairo_Rojas_Her
New Contributor II
NetSight - How do I integrate my NetSight Server with Active Directory windows? , urrently it is installed at home and not added to the domain. You can integrate it affect me?
4 REPLIES 4

Jairo_Rojas_Her
New Contributor II
Sorry what is the best configuration to follow image, when integrate NetSight with de AD

ebcd0e1fd74c4408b31956cfa46f3aad_RackMultipart20160224-128787-1skadeh-NETSIGHT_AD_inline.jpg

TylerMarcotte
Extreme Employee
Correct. It does not need to be joined tot he domain. There should be a help topic available in the documentation, but it does straight LDAP queries to provide access.

Jairo_Rojas_Her
New Contributor II
Thank you for your clarification.

Finally I can integrate NetSight without having to add the virtual server appliance to a domain?

TylerMarcotte
Extreme Employee
Jairo,

The easiest way to integrate it with an Active Directory server is to set up LDAP Authentication for the users. The NetSight server does not need to be installed on a machine that is part of the domain.

I believe there is a help topic on configuring that as well, but you would set it in the Authorization/Device Access window. I'd recommend when setting it up that you turn on "Authenticate to OS on LDAP Failure" as well in case you cannot access the LDAP server. That will allow you to use your local user.

Tyler

GTM-P2G8KFN