cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsight issue with access to the devices

Netsight issue with access to the devices

Merdan
New Contributor
When I right-click a device in a device tree no context menu appears. I also get ERROR in a Current Link column whenever I try to poll interface summary flexview. In the inventory tab below there is a message saying that the user has no access to these devices, although SNMP contact is established to all of the devices. What could be the issue?
10 REPLIES 10

Andrzej_Jujka
New Contributor
Hello
I had the same problem on MAC OS , when i downgrade to Java SE 6 everything worked fine.
Regards, Andrzej

Merdan
New Contributor
Hi Ryan,

I could access the console from windows platform before I tried IcedTea Java (Ubuntu) and everything worked fine. When I accessed console via IcedTead Java for the first time I've encountered this issue. Then I switched back to the windows platform client but the problem remained. Answering to your question - I can access the Netsight from Windows, but I cannot poll the devices in any way, except when using topology manager. Topology Manager works fine.

Regards,
Merdan

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello Merdan,

Would you be able to access console using a windows platform and the oracle Java platform? It should like there may be issues loading using the iced tea. Particularly because you can't right cick devices.

Thanks
-Ryan

Merdan
New Contributor
Dear Ryan,

I've tried that already - it didn't help. As far as I remember I first noticed the problem when I loaded netsight through ubuntu via IcedTea Java Launcher, but I don't see how it could mess everything up. And thank you again for your efforts.

Regards
Merdan
GTM-P2G8KFN