cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsight NAC Manager log timestamps

Netsight NAC Manager log timestamps

Mikhail
New Contributor
When I set time with NTP there is no matter what timezone I set (dateconfig command), the (Console or NAC Manager) log's timestamps do not change their timezone. The time displayed with "date" command and timestamps in logs are in different timezones. No matter what time zone I set up, the logs are written in the same.
"date" command displayed the correct time, which varies with the change of timezone.

If I set the time manually (without using the NTP), everything works correctly.
6 REPLIES 6

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Mikhail,
I'm guessing this is related to the Russian timezone changes that took place about this time last year. I just logged into a Netsight server in the lab (6.2.0.211) and checked the tzdata version:
code:
$ dpkg -s tzdata | grep Version Version: 2012b-1

My other Ubuntu servers are
code:
2015f-0ubuntu0.14.04

I don't know if I should have done this, but I updated the tzdata package - it seems okay afterwards:
code:
$ apt-get install tzdata

Now my tzdata version on the netsight server shows:
code:
Version: 2015f-0ubuntu0.12.04

I don't know if this is recommended, but I suppose you can try to update your installation as I did.
Meanwhile, we should probably update it in the Netsight installer so this doesn't happen.

-Drew

Mikhail
New Contributor
It seems that this is a problem with some time zones (specifically - Russian's timezones).If the local computer timezone sets to Moscow (UTC +3) or Kaliningrad (UTC +2), the timestamp of the logs in NAC Manager are written to the time shift one hour forward.
If I will set the time zone, such as Baghdad (UTC +3) or Tbilisi (UTC +2), time shown in a MACMgr logs and the computer are the same.

Version Netsight - 6.2.224
Client works on Windows 7

Mikhail
New Contributor
Thanks.

I'm using version 6.2.199 for VMWARE. I also tried 6.2.224 - same result.

I found that the timezone of timestamps in the logs depends on the timezone of the local computer running the NAC Manager.
However, the time on the computer and log's timestamps differs by one hour, no matter what timezone I set up.

As advised above, I checked the time on VMWare server. on VmWare, NetSight and NAC servers, on the local computer the same time is configured from a single NTP source. But the logs of NAC Manager shows time, differing by one hour forward.

Can I fix it?
Is it possible to configure so that logs timestamps timezone was configured on the server?

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Mikhail,

could you tell me what is the NAC version which you are using now ?

Thanks,
Suresh.B
GTM-P2G8KFN