cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netsight upgrade appliance

netsight upgrade appliance

beewrangler
New Contributor
Hello, i'm trying to update my netsight appliance from 5.1.148 to 6.1.0.157. On starting upgrade via CLI i get the following output:

root@netsight:/tmp$ ./NetSight_Suite_6.1.0.157_64bit_install.bin
expr: non-integer argument
Extracting files to /tmp/NetSight_Suite_6.1.0.157_64bit_install_
chmod: cannot access '/tmp/NetSight_Suite_6.1.0.157_64bit_install_/java': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/tmp/NetSight_Suite_6.1.0.157_64bit_install_/userpassword': No such file or directory
./NetSight_Suite_6.1.0.157_64bit_install.bin: line 298: /tmp/NetSight_Suite_6.1.0.157_64bit_install_/java/jre64/bin/java: No such file or directory

Same when using the 'silent' option.

What's wrong here, what i don't see at the moment (blind?)?

Regards
Reiner

5 REPLIES 5

Kurt_Semba
Extreme Employee
great to hear - thanks for your feedback

beewrangler
New Contributor
Hello Kurt,
thanks for the hint regarding checksum! There obviously went something wrong at the file transfer. Checksum was different. Now did a new transfer and install is running like hell!

Regards Reiner

Kurt_Semba
Extreme Employee
Hi Reiner,

do you have the chance to create a case with GTAC? I discussed this with our internal NetSight admin and he also can't see anything obvious you are doing wrong here. One thing to check might be the MD5 sum of the downloaded .bin file to see if it has been downloaded properly of whether the file might be corrupt. You could try to re-download and re-copy it to the NetSight appliance.

The only actions I run on upgrades are
- copy to /tmp folder (if your NetSight server is REALLY old, there might not be enough space on the /tmp folder so you might have to copy and run it on another share)
- chmod +x
- and run the bin using ./NetSight...bin

Kurt

beewrangler
New Contributor
Hello Kurt,

yes, i changed permission to 755

Reiner
GTM-P2G8KFN