cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New in the Extreme Networks world and AVB world

New in the Extreme Networks world and AVB world

Jonathan_Jomix_
New Contributor
Hello, my name is Jonathan. First I'm sorry for my English I'm French canadien. I own a little sound rental company bases in Montreal. We would like to offer an AVB solution to our customer, local event, festival and touring.

I recently buy recently an old X440-24P for our test in the our shop with AVB, before implanting this to our all gear. We use Dante and Cobranet to. I bought this on ebay at very low cost, perfect for starting, but after some research I found I need a Voucher code for activate the AVB license, but I can't buy AVB license thru Extreme Networks since I don't buy the switch from Extreme. So ? What it the solution,

I also bought 6x X430-8P brand new from a guy on eBay and he don't have the famous voucher number.

I contact Extreme about this and get no response after almost 2 weeks. I open an account on extreme portal. But I don't know how to add switch in the inventory.

Do I lost all my money in 6 un-usable switch ? I know I have to pay for the AVB bridging pack license.

Let me know, Thanks you for your time, I will visite frequently this site to check any response.

Best regards.
3 REPLIES 3

Jonathan_Jomix_
New Contributor
Hello Mr Drew. I appreciate your quick response. Trust if I know this I'll never spent so much money in this project or I'll do it directly from Extreme, I order a lot of stuff for begin this project, hope we can found a Solution, where do I drop you my email in case ?

Best regards.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
I've got your email address (the one you used to register) and will contact you when I hear back from sales.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Jonathan,
I've contacted our sales team to find out what options we have here. Myself or someone from the team will get back to you on this.
Note that our official Grey-Market Sales Policy is outlined here: http://extrcdn.extremenetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Extreme-Grey-Market-Sales-Policy.pdf

-Drew
GTM-P2G8KFN