cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No MSRP from eAVB camera module

No MSRP from eAVB camera module

Daein_Chung
New Contributor
I recently got an eAVB camera module(exelfore) and was able to see camera preview rendering via RTP streaming. But its 1722 stream (per its header, it is .jpg AVTPU type) doesn't seem to be routed(multicasted) to a port that a listener is connected.

When I check MSRP, a port#1 (one that eAVB camera is connected to) is active(*) but no 'ab' shown (gPTP and MVRP are all set to 'active'). A tcpdump on listener side doesn't show 1722 stream packet (promiscuous mode enabled) at all. Does this mean MFDB is not configured correctly? (I also don't see any outstanding stream info (from 'show msrp streams' command.)) I guess the eAVB camera might not do SRP at all (I still need to confirm that)

Is there a way to manually configure(enable) a stream on the designated port(listener)?

thanks in advance,
-Daein
9 REPLIES 9

Chad_Smith1
Extreme Employee
It is possible that the stream is sent untagged in VLAN default. However, this would not be common for normal AVB streams. Usually they are sent on another VLAN that is dynamically created by MVRP.

Daein_Chung
New Contributor
Hello Chad,

thanks you.

There is a continuous stream from eavb cam I can see a following fdb when I connect the cam. is '0001' its Vlan?

X440-8t.13 # show fdb
Mac Vlan Age Flags Port / Virtual Port List
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
00:80:e1:ff:ff:07 Default(0001) 0000 d m 1

BR,
-Daein

Chad_Smith1
Extreme Employee
Daein,

Setting this up manually could get complicated. I think it is probably best to open up a case with GTAC for assistance:

How to contact Extreme Networks Global Technical Assistance Center (GTAC)

Is the camera constantly sending the stream? Does the stream have a VLAN tag? If so, that VLAN needs to be created and the source and destination ports added:

create vlan
conf vlan add ports tagged

Then you need to add a static FDB entry for the stream destination mac on the listener port:

create fdb 91:E0:F0:00:FE:00 vlan ports

Ultimately, QoS needs to be setup as well, but you shouldn't need that for a single stream. I would see if you can get the stream forwarding first.

Daein_Chung
New Contributor
Chad,

Camera Mac address: 00:80:E1:FF:FF:07
Multicast address: 91:E0:F0:00:FE:00
StreamID: 00:80:E1:FF:FF:07:00:6E
Stream class: B
Bandwidth: 28.8Mbps (720p30 High Quality 120KB average frame size)

thanks,
-Daein
GTM-P2G8KFN