Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX5500E Express Manager - Sites

NX5500E Express Manager - Sites

steve_kemball
New Contributor III
Hi All

I am in the process of deploying my first Express Manager solution. NX5500E and AP7522E.

Upgraded to latest 5.9 firmware.

Ques:

Site based NX5500E Express Manager controller does not deploy WLANs to adopted APs unless I create a 'site'. Why? The APs receive Smart RF settings and other configuration parameters but not WLANs for some reason.

4 REPLIES 4

steve_kemball
New Contributor III
O.K. That works for me. I can see the logic and the site will be using two Internal and External antenna variants for office and factory use. This way I can create two sites if needed to deploy different WLANs to the office APs..

steve_kemball
New Contributor III
Thank you Ondrej

Just to be clear even for a single site deployment I still need to create at least one site with an auto provisioning policy in order for WLAN settings to be deployed. Thanks

Hello Steve,

it might sound strange but the answer is yes.

To ensure system will be stable with minimal configuration we rather force all adopted APs in separate groups (sites), ready for remote adoption.

This makes the system performing on distributed basis having less to worry about.
Might look unnecessary for couple of APs, but helps a lot in case of future expansion.

Regards,
Ondrej

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hi Steve,

the Express deployment is meant to use Level2 adoption model to simplify configuration.
In other words - you shall create specific sites for APs to be placed and configured apart of logical domain meant for controller.

This brings better overview of particular groups of APs and will give you easier topology to work with.
Another thing is that every site / domain must be set with country code in order to set correct regulations on AP's radio. This would be little more difficult using a single domain and multiple locations.

In a nuthsell - WiNG Express uses some advanced features of WiNG which automatically create the deployment robust and structured.

Let me know if you have further questions or issues.

Regards,
Ondrej
GTM-P2G8KFN