Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oneview dashboard

oneview dashboard

rmcguigan
New Contributor
Oneview Dashboard

Version Netsight 6.3.0.168

On the Oneview under the "Reports" tab I have a menu item "Dashboard". On the Dashboard view there are various sections of information. The one I have in question is labeled "interface Utilization". It shows the top five interface ports utilization.

This information never seems to change.

My question is, how often is this data read and from where?

I have also made a "100 interfaces by Bandwidth Daily" report, which I get daily, which reports the ports utilization but the information in it is different from the "Dashboard" information.

Which is accurate?
2 REPLIES 2

Bob_Maheu
New Contributor
Hello,

My question is, how often is this data read and from where?
[Bob]
For the interface utilization in the dashboard the information is read from the most recent data points. By default we collect this data every 15 minutes.

I have also made a "100 interfaces by Bandwidth Daily" report, which I get daily, which reports the ports utilization but the information in it is different from the "Dashboard" information.
[Bob]
This will display the average utilization of the hourly data over a 24 hour time frame.

Kawawa
Extreme Employee
Hi rmcguigan,

Have you enabled report data collection on your ports? By default this is disabled. If you go under Devices and select the specific device you'd like to collect statistics on. You can then right-click a port and select the Collect Interface Statistics. There are two modes, Historical and Monitor, in order to be able to collect data that can be used in a report, Historical stats should be collected.

9217e78aaccc481f977fe485ab7f5e01_RackMultipart20160419-99089-1rkfsz0-report_data_inline.png

In terms of how often these stats are collected, I think the default interval is 30 seconds, but I'd need to verify that or my colleagues could chip in with the exact interval. I hope I have understood your question correctly!
GTM-P2G8KFN